Putting off year end filing? Is your payroll system ready for next year? Do you feel confident with all the new legislation changes? … We are!
As Canadian and Alberta payroll specialists, we know all of the most recent legislation that will impact your year end filing. Below is a scaled down list of some of the many changes to be aware of when reporting your year end to the CRA, Revenue Québec & Service Canada.
Our payroll software and payroll systems are up-to-date on legislation and best practices. This ensures that our organization’s current payroll system is always accurate. Our payroll service specialists also look ahead to expectations for the New Year and beyond. To avoid a PEIR Audit, let PEO Payroll services help your company today, and stay up-to-date on the most recent legislative changes below.
Federal legislative updates that will impact payroll systems:
- 2013 rates, tax exemptions & PA limits
- Changes to T4 and T4A slips
- EI hiring credit for small business
- Taxable benefit update
- New EI benefits for parents of critically ill children
- Best variable weeks for EI unemployment claims
- ROE Web changes
- Changes to RL-1 slip
Jurisdictional changes that will impact payroll systems:
- Updates to employment/labour standards
- Provincial budget announcements (tax rates, health tax levies, HST update)
- Provincial pension legislation, including pooled registered pension plan legislation being introduced
- Alberta payroll changes
- Workers compensation assessable earnings
- Year-end/new year checklist
- Extensive taxable benefit tables
- How to complete T4, T4A, RL-1 slips and related summaries
- Filing options
- Deadlines and penalties
- Adding, amending or cancelling slips
- Correcting payroll system errors
PEO Canada provides corporate payroll services in Canada that include a full range of payroll systems to meet requirements locally, nationally, and internationally. Our team of trained professionals and payroll software ensures that your payroll is processed accurately, on time, and in adherence with provincial and federal regulations. Clients and their employees also have access to a dedicated and fully trained payroll services specialist, so if questions arise, answers and solutions are only a phone call away!
Jeff Reynolds / District Sales Manager / PEO Manager