• To ensure tasks as listed below are completed in an accurate and efficient manner.
• To update and maintain information in the appropriate programs.
• Continually improve processes and procedures to meet the needs of our team, employees and clients.
• Support and maintain strong relationships with team members and work as part of the team to contribute to the overall success of our business.
• Improve knowledge and skills by learning from other team members and from further education opportunities.
• Keep current on legislative changes that relate to employee resources and wellness.
• Protecting both client’s and employee’s private and confidential documents.
• Liaise and communicate effectively with clients and various internal groups including payroll, accounting, benefits, and workers’ compensation.
• Implement best practices and processes where identified.
• Track new account applications, ensure completion and communication back to our clients and internal team.
• Ensure proper classification and rate setting applied to account.
• Submit claims reporting for PEO clients.
• Coordinate and maintain a modified duties program.
• Disability management for ongoing complex claims.
• Ensure constant communication between WCB Case Managers, Clients, and Employees.
• Support appeals process as needed for potential cost relief for PEO clients.
• Assist with audits and reconciliations monthly, quarterly and yearly as required; research and resolve discrepancies in payroll and/or benefits documentation.
• May assist by liaising with all governmental and regulatory bodies regarding reconciliation and remittances.
• Assist with year-end processing, reviewing premium rate statements and requesting code adjustments and rate changes where required.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with team members in order to promote consistent quality delivery of services across all areas.
• Acquire a broad understanding of the other areas of PEO Canada.
• Interface with service groups in PEO Canada and other Diversified Staffing departments when required to help address client requests.
• Fluent written and spoken English, French language is a benefit.
• Completion of a secondary education in Business Administration (or equivalent) from a recognized college or equivalent experience is preferred
• Experience with Workers Compensation and Occupational Health & Safety Boards.
• Experience handling and maintaining private and confidential information and documents.
• The ability to meet strict deadlines, work under pressure and have efficient time management skills.
• Proven analytical problem solving skills.
• The ability to work independently and as a team member, requiring minimal supervision to meet position objectives.