Payroll Team Lead
Payroll Team Lead
Payroll Team Lead
For the last 20 years, PEO Canada has been providing customized employer services to a wide variety of businesses, providing both our clients and their Canadian employees with exceptional payroll, group benefits, retirement savings, human resources, and workers’ compensation services. We are always growing and strive to be the very best partner for our clients.
An open concept office, a welcoming team, great benefits, and regular in-office team building events are hallmarks of our company culture. We take customer service seriously and know that our teammates are just as important as our clients. We like asking and answering questions, and bringing fun to our conversation and activities. Our management team supports and encourages those who are eager to learn and improve, and have fostered an environment of open communication for our employees. We believe in maintaining a strong work/life balance so that we have the resources and energy we need both at work and in our daily lives.
Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs) are the most effective way for small and mid-sized companies to outsource employer services such as human resources, employee benefits, payroll and workers’ compensation administration. By contracting out their business’ HR and personnel functions to PEOs, clients can focus more on their company’s growth, strategic direction, and “big picture” planning.
This is a dynamic leadership role in an evolving employee management company. Our Team Lead will be responsible for the smooth operation of payroll services. Strong organization and communication skills will be integral to this role.
- Initial and ongoing training of payroll team members
- Build and maintain strong mentor relationships with team members
- Ensure continuous communication between payroll and other service teams
- Audit and assess business processes that involve the delivery of payroll services and information
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of clients and their employees
- Communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner with clients and employees to set appropriate expectations and timelines
- Ensure that the payroll team provides accurate and timely service to clients
- Maintain and administer client specific payroll related policies and rules
- Provide rules infrastructure, training and administration for web-based time and attendance programs
- Collect and process information in accordance with set pay cycle schedules. This includes salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations, and employee deductions
- Assist in delivering reports and information to clients as requested
- Communicate with employees where payroll related inquiries arise
- Correspond with federal and provincial tax agencies on behalf of clients in various situations
- Interface with service groups in PEO Canada and other departments when required, to help address client requests
- Minimum of 5 years direct payroll and accounting related experience
- Canadian Payroll Association qualification (PCP or CPM)
- Working knowledge of multi-provincial and multi-cycle payroll
- Sound knowledge of federal and provincial payroll regulations and labour standards
- Intermediate or senior level Microsoft Office (primarily Microsoft Excel)
- Previous experience in HRIS/Payroll software systems
- The ability to meet strict deadlines, work under pressure, and have efficient time management skills
- Proven analytical problem solving skills to logically investigate payroll discrepancies
- Bilingual French/English language skills would be a significant asset
Our business is based on the relationships we build with our clients and external employees. If you feel you are a good fit for our organization we welcome your interest in this position.
Position and compensation will be based on relevant experience.