Payroll Team Lead
Payroll Team Lead
An open concept office, a welcoming team, and “new normal” team building events are hallmarks of our company culture. We take customer service seriously and know that our teammates are just as important as our clients. We like asking and answering questions, and bringing fun to our conversation and activities. Our management team supports and encourages those who are eager to learn and improve, and have fostered an environment of open communication for our employees. We believe in maintaining a strong work/life balance so that we have the resources and energy we need both at work and in our daily lives.
PEO Canada continues to evolve and is currently expanding into the Edmonton area. We are seeking a dynamic individual to manage this new initiative and assist in creating a client services center within Edmonton. The Ideal candidate will posses a passion for payroll, process and aiding those around them to achieve and develop.
• Lean, intergrade and transfer our PEO culture and methodology to a new service center.
• Build and oversee a team of payroll professionals over a period of a year.
• Maintain payroll for a portfolio of clients and their employees across all provinces.
• Process hourly earnings, salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions on multiple pay cycles.
• Communicate effectively with clients and external employees to obtain the information required to process payroll in accordance with each client’s unique requirements.
• In conjunction with other Team Leads, continually improve payroll processes and procedure to meet the changing needs of our business.
• Ensure customer service standards are maintained with all clients and employees.
• Assist in delivering reports and information to clients as requested.
• Correspond with employees when payroll and other service related questions arise.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with team members in order to promote consistent quality delivery of services across all areas.
• 3-5 years of direct payroll related experience
• Minimum of 1-year supervisory experience
• Canadian Payroll Association qualification and/or relevant experience
• Working knowledge of multi-provincial and multi-cycle payroll
• Sound knowledge of federal & provincial payroll regulations and legislation
• Exposure to HRIS, Payroll Software, Microsoft Office and Time & Attendance Programs
• The ability to meet strict deadlines, work under pressure and manage timelines
Our business is based on the relationships we build with our clients and external employees. If you feel you are a good fit for our organization we welcome your interest in this position.
Position and compensation will be based on relevant experience.